So you’re sitting in class and there’s this guy who you’re really into. You’re pretty sure that he likes you but he hasn’t asked you to that homecoming dance yet. You know you can’t make him go out with you but let me give you teen dating advice to help in your quest of getting this guy to get ask you out.
Just as a small warning: make sure that you want this guy to ask you out. You shouldn’t just try to get a guy to ask you out because you want to feel good about yourself or because you need attention. Doing so can lead the guy on and then lead to some very awkward or uncomfortable situations. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d like to give you teen dating advice on how to reel the guy of your dreams in.
- Be yourself! I know this sounds like a tired old cliche but it really is true! There isn’t a single guy who wants a girl to pretend as if she is something other than what she is. Just think about it. What if a guy that you were interested in at first acted like an extreme gentleman on the initial date doing things like opening the car door for you and pulling out a chair for you at a restaurant. Now imagine that when things got heated up, all of that just disappeared. Wouldn’t you feel cheated? I would think you would, which is why it’s important to resist the temptation to do things that just aren’t in your personality just to get his attention. It’s one thing if you tweak yourself a touch to impress the guy you’ve set your eyes on, but just realize that there is a fine line between embellashing and being completely fake.
- Accentuate your physical attributes. List what your best features are and then try to figure out the best way to draw attention to those features. Wear tops that bring out your eyes, a belt if you have an hourglass figure to emphasizes your curves, a skirt to show off those killer legs… just try to be comfortable in the process!
- Put yourself in a position that will allow him to ask you out. You don’t want to be in a group of your girlfriends while he’s passing by if you’re hoping for him to invite you out to a first date. You need to give him an opening and then signal him in with some flirtatious actions.
- Flirt with him. Make some jokes, smile at him, touch his arm or shoulder, be coy, etc. Using your body language you can let him know in a subtle manner that you are interested in him. Flirting does not mean that you need to start dressing in skimpy outfits or being ditzy.
- Make conversation with him. Try to find out what his interests are and steer the conversation towards that direction. Show him that you are genuinely interested and listen to what he has to say as guys love to talk about themselves… even the shy ones, once you get them to open up. By being a good listener, you will captivate him and earn his trust. If you hate what one of his interests, then playfully tease him about it… but don’t make him feel bad about his interests!
- Just ask him out! I know it can be scary but try and read his body language to see if there is any interest. IF you think there is then you should work up the courage to ask him out. It’s pretty commonplace for girls to ask guys out. The next time you pass by that guy, make some eye contact, flash a smile and say ‘hello’. You can’t go wrong! Worst case scenario is the guy say’s no. Big deal… stay positive and just move to the next guy.
Hopefully this teen dating advice will help you next time in getting a guy to ask you out. The one important thing to realize though is that you do not want to come across as desperate. Guys like a challenge and if you come across as too easy, desperate or clingy then chances are he won’t ask you out… so if it doesn’t work out with him then just remember there are plenty of fish in the sea!